BGCC Turf Bulletin
It’s Opening Day... What to Expect...
The 2017 Season will officially start Wednesday 19th. Here is a few thing to expect once you hit the links.
- First of all... you will see a lot of healthy green grass. A great way to start the season!
- Greens are healthy & slowly waking up as soil temperatures improves. We are at our Spring / Fall height of cut until warmer soil temps. arrive. This means greens will be “slow” (the stimpmeter remains in the closet).
- Greens 9, 17 & 18 grew considerably under their winter covers. We are taking the height of cut down slower on these greens so as not to damage/scalp them. They will play slower!
- Bunker damage & washouts this winter were more than expected. The occurrence is mainly a result of mind winter temperatures, less frost in the ground and coupled with substantial rainfalls. The turf crew has work over a week on repairs with still small repairs & raking to do.
- Clean up from winter projects & our tree program are ongoing. Please watch for caution flags & signs marking these sites.
As we start any good spring golf, count on the weather to be unpredictable. Keep the gloves, a warm hat and a good rain suit in your locker. See you on the links!!
Questions or Concerns? Do not hesitate to contact Dean Baker…
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter More Content by Dean Baker