May 1st, 2017
The 2017 season is off to a cold wet start, we’ve even encountered a flood!
Here’s what we have so far:
- Cooler temperatures with minimal turf growth on the golf course.
- Greens remain at spring height until soil temperatures warm.
- Greens remain at “spring slow speed”.
Here’s what we are waiting for:
- Warmer weather & warmer soil temperatures to arrive.
- Turf to actively start growing.
The course remains healthy from the winter, but is in a holding pattern until warmer weather & soil temperatures increase.
Ironically, we went through a similar spring last year.
It provides a good explanation on how the golf course grows, based on climate & not the calendar.
It remains an informative read.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter More Content by Dean Baker