Dear Lady Members,
Happy New Year to everyone!
It’s hard to believe that we are only 4 months away from the start of a new golf season!
I am sure that you are all interested to hear about the results of the survey that was sent out in December. The Ladies Executive is pleased to report the following results:
96 ladies responded to the survey.
- Do you plan to play in the Ladies Club Championship this coming year?
- Yes: 28 ladies
- No: 41 ladies
- Maybe: 27 ladies
- If you answered “No”, do you plan to play in the Ladies CC in the future?
- Yes: 3 ladies
- No: 28 ladies
- Maybe: 13 ladies
- Indicate your preference for having a separate or combined Ladies CC and Senior Ladies CC.
- Separate: 24 ladies
- Combined: 68 ladies
- Would you be in favour of trying the following scenario for next season:
- Ladies CC (all flights) on Aug 25-27 weekend = 3 days
- Senior Ladies CC (all ages) one week prior = 2 weekdays
- One cocktail reception/celebration for both CCs on the Sunday
- Lady members could play in either or both depending on their preference for weekend vs weekday and/or 3 days vs 2 days.
- Yes: 60 ladies
- No: 27 ladies
Although the majority of the ladies who responded are in favour of having a combined Ladies CC and Senior Ladies CC, the majority are also in favour of trying the scenario the Ladies Executive proposed for the upcoming season. I think this speaks to the fact that quite a number of you would like to play during the week for 2 days only. Personally, I am excited to give this a try!
We are already working on Draft#3 of the Ladies Golf Calendar. I can share a few important dates with you so that you can add them to your own calendar:
- April 25 New Members Breakfast & Warm-Up Day
- May 2 Opening Day & Dinner
- Aug. 17, 18 Senior Ladies Club Championship
- Aug. 25-27 Ladies Club Championship
- Sept. 26 Closing Day & Pari-Mutuel
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the AuthorMore Content by Karen Dyson