May 8, 2017
Dear Lady Members,
Golf has officially started and although we are off to a bit of a slow start due to the nasty weather we have been experiencing, we are not going to let that bring us down! Our New Member’s Breakfast was lovely and our new members are excited to get involved with all that our Club has to offer. Ladies Opening Day was not the sunny day we were hoping for, however, 4 groups actually finished all 18 holes. You can find the results on the GGGolf website under Tournament results. The fashion show was lots of fun and the buffet dinner received lots of positive feedback.
I would like to remind you of a few important deadlines and events that are happening this week. First of all, tomorrow is the last day that you can sign up for Team Play and also “My Best Score”. If you haven’t already done so, please consider signing up for both of these events…they promise to be lots of fun! I have heard that some ladies are unsure about signing up for Team Play because they are worried about missing a few weeks due to vacations, etc. Well ladies, there are 15 weeks of Team Play so don’t miss out on all the fun because of a few weeks…we all have lives to live outside of golf.
Here is a quick re-cap about what Team Play is all about:
- The cost is $75.00. Deadline for sign-up is Tuesday, May 9th @ 6:00pm.
- The Team Play Opening “Draft” Party will be held on Thursday May 11th at 7pm in the Bayview East Banquet Room.There will be table snacks, lots of camaraderie and drinks will be by chit.
- All participants’ names will be drawn from a hat (according to handicaps) to form teams.All teams will be assigned a colour.When all of the names are drawn, each team will get together to choose a Team Captain.
- Team Play will start on May 16th and will consist of 15 weeks.
- The Closing Cocktail Party will be held on Thursday September 19th.
- A reminder that there will be no Team Play on the following dates:June 13 (Ladies Member Guest); June 27 (Solheim Cup); July 25 (Chapman); August 8 (Canadian Senior PGA Championship at BGCC).
- The Convener for Team Play is Kathy Moore. If you have any questions, you can email her at Kathleen.firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is a quick re-cap explaining “My Best Score”:
- Cost is $10.00. Deadline for sign-up is Tuesday, May 9th @ 6:00pm.
- The competition will run from May 16th – September 19th (same as Team Play).
- There will be a chart on the bulletin board in the Ladies Locker Room with all of the participants’ names.Participants will be divided into handicap flights.
- After your first game, you will enter your score hole by hole.Every time you play (not just on Tuesdays), you replace the score on any holes where you scored better than the previous time.You simply erase the old score for that hole and record the better one.
- At the end of the 15 weeks, you will be able to see your “Best Score”.
- Prizes will be awarded for the best scores in each flight.
The Ladies Member Guest will be held on Tuesday, June 13th. The theme is “The Golf Oscars” and this promises to be an award-winning event!! Apparently a few stars from the past will be making an appearance. Also there will be a little surprise entertainment for the guests during dinner! The LMG committee wishes to let all of the celebrities who will be attending know that “red carpet attire” includes anything from gowns to golf wear…it’s all in vogue for this year! There are still openings so hurry up and sign up online (deadline is Tuesday, June 6th).
The Memorial Tournament and lunch will be held at the end of the month on May 30th. There will be an 8:30am shotgun followed by a buffet lunch. This is a special tournament where we remember all of the wonderful lady members who have graced our fairways. I encourage you to sign up for this and please don’t be concerned by the word “tournament”…this simply means another fun event where you get to golf with friends (even though you sign up as a single) and you also get to eat lunch with them!
Well ladies, I am definitely encouraged by the weather I see outside today. I am really hoping we all get a chance to show off our best “Cha-cha-cha” out on the dance floor (aka golf course) tomorrow! I look forward to seeing you soon.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com.
About the AuthorMore Content by Karen Dyson