“I never played a round when I didn’t learn something new about the game”
- Ben Hogan
I would personally like to welcome all of you to the 2019 Golf Season here at Burlington Golf & Country Club. Our Ladies Executive has been hard at work over the last few months creating our new calendar filled with great events you will be sure to enjoy. April’s weather has its ups and downs, but before you know it the warmer weather will be here and winter will be a distant memory!
This season, I think we have a record for welcoming new, full members to our roster. We have seven new ladies: Leslie Clanachan, Cindy Davis, Joanna Kwant, Susan Moore, Iva Page, Catherine Robertson and Gabby Wentges. We also have two additional future full members on our waitlist: Kathy Gambarotto and Frances Wentges. I am sure we will all make them feel welcome here at Burlington.
Here are a few of the upcoming events not to be missed:
- April 23 - Warm Up Day: I hope the weather cooperates for us this year! This is also our New Members Breakfast date.
- April 30 - Pink Ball: This is the first of our new games this season. One that you will not want to miss!
- May 2 – New Rules Seminar at 6:30pm
- May 7 – Ladies Opening Day: Shotgun: 12:30pm, Dinner: 6pm. Don’t forget, we will have a bar set up in the Ladies Lounge after golf! Bar opens at 4:30pm!
- May 7 – Team Play Sign Up closes at 11:00pm
- May 9 – Team Play Draft Party at 6:30pm
- May 13 – Junior/Ladies Meet & Greet at 4:30pm. 9 and Dine with our Junior Girls.
- May 14 – Hollywood and RCGA #1
- May 16 – Team Play Starts (don’t forget Team Play is on Thursdays this year).
- May 18 – Business Women Opening Tournament
Don’t forget to sign up on line for the above events and also Match Play and the Ladies Long and Short Game Clinics.
You can also sign up now for our Ladies Member/Guest, “Fairways With Friends”, being held on Tuesday, June 11th. This will be a great event as always. Don’t forget to wear black &/or white!
Birdie Tree – Please email Jayne Riley email@example.com when you have a birdie on Tuesdays with the following information: Date of Birdie/Hole#/One Person You Played With. The Grand Prize for birdies will be awarded to the lady who scored the most birdies during Tuesday Morning’s Events only. A second prize will be drawn on Ladies Closing Day from the names of all the ladies who had a birdie at any time on a Tuesday.
My Best Score: New this year…..only update your scores on Tuesdays, starting May 14th! Winners are awarded prizes by flights!
Housekeeping: please don’t forget to “replace divots on the fairway, repair ball marks, smoothly rake bunkers and walk off the back of the greens for faster play”.
Looking forward to a great season of golf and camaraderie.
“Keep your sense of humour. There’s enough stress in the rest of your life not to let the bad shots ruin a game you’re supposed to enjoy!” – Amy Alcott
Yours in Golf,
2019 Games Captain
About the AuthorMore Content by Golf Sisters