ISSUE #2 MAY 2018
Golf has officially begun…Hooray!! Our New Member’s Breakfast was lovely and our new lady members are excited to get involved with all our Club has to offer. Look for any new faces you see in our Ladies Locker Room and be sure to smile and introduce yourself. 😊
Ladies Opening Day
Ladies Opening Day was fabulous and SO MUCH FUN! We enjoyed a temperature of 24 degrees which we haven’t experienced for more than 6 months!! The fashion show was very entertaining with a “celebrity” guest appearance. A delicious buffet dinner was enjoyed by all. Special thanks to our new Chef Michael Bruno.
Here are the winners of the Opening Day Audrey Cook Trophy:
- First Place – Donna Carson, Jane MacPherson, June Starkey, Karen Biskey
- Second Place – Lynn Graham, Martha Bauer, Cyndie Horner, Natalie Schwenger
- Third Place – Susan Semkowski, Louise McGillivray, Catherine Robertson, Karen Dyson
- Fourth Place – Lin Chisholm, Brenda Miller, Pamela Hall, Rose Scherle
I would like to remind everyone of a few important deadlines that are happening very soon! Tuesday, May 8th is the last day you can sign up for Team Play and “My Best Score”. If you haven’t already done so, please consider signing up for both these events. FUN! FUN! FUN!
Team Play League
We have made some changes in the Team Play League to take the pressure off having to commit to 15 weeks. Here is a quick re-cap of what Team Play is all about:
- The cost is $75.00. Deadline for sign-up is Tuesday, May 8th at 6:00 pm.
- The Team Play Opening “Draft” Party will be held on Thursday May 10th at 7:00 pm in the Bayview East Banquet Room. There will be appetizers, lots of camaraderie and drinks will be by chit.
- All participants’ names will be drawn from a hat (according to handicaps) to form teams. All teams will be assigned a colour. When all the names are drawn, each team will get together to choose a Team Captain (this person must be present).
- Team Play will start on May 15th and will consist of 12 weeks only!
- A set maximum number of participants will be counted on Team Play days (i.e. 8/10 or 10/12 players counting, depending on team numbers).
- Please note that Tuesday dates with no team play are clearly indicated on the ladies’ golf calendar in red **No Team Play**.
- The Closing Cocktail Party will be held on Tuesday, September 11th…Pay-outs & Party!
- The Convener for Team Play is Janet Hutter. If you have any questions, you can email her at email@example.com
“My Best Score” / Ringer Board
- Cost is $10.00. Deadline for sign-up is Tuesday, May 8th @6pm.
- The competition will run from May 15th – September 11th
- There will be a chart on the bulletin board in the Ladies Locker Room with all the participants’ names. Participants will be divided into handicap flights.
- After your first game, you will enter your score hole by hole. Every time you play (not just on Tuesdays), you replace the score on any holes where you scored better than the previous time. You simply erase the old score for that hole and record the better one.
- At the end of the 15 weeks, you will be able to see your “Best Score”.
- Prizes will be awarded for the best scores in each flight.
This year marks the 25th anniversary of the Memorial Tournament when we remember all the wonderful lady members who have graced our fairways. We hope to have a great turnout for this very special event! The date is set for Tuesday May 29th and will commence with an 8:30am shotgun followed by a buffet lunch.
Ladies Member Guest
The Ladies Member Guest will be held on Tuesday, June 12th. This year’s event will be in support of Halton Women’s Place. There will be gift baskets and a 50/50 draw for the charity along with prizes for the participants. Sign-up has changed to include “member/member”, so hurry and sign up online! Wear purple to show your support!
CALLING ALL VOLUNTEERS!! If you can volunteer for the Jo Brant Tournament on Thursday, June 7th, please contact Janet James. She would be grateful for any time you can spare! Volunteers will be provided with hospital scrubs and are invited to join the golfers on the patio afterwards for cocktails and food stations. firstname.lastname@example.org
For those ladies who are unable to join us on Tuesdays, don’t forget to sign up for the Business Women’s events. The five Saturday dates are listed on our Ladies Golf Calendar, but just so you know, the first event is coming up on Saturday May 12th with tee times from 1:00-1:30pm. After your round of golf, stay for the Wine & Cheese, a chance to meet & mingle with the other business women.
If you are interested in this league, Lynn Graham, the convener would love to hear from you! email@example.com
Birdie Tree Reminder…
If you score a birdie on a Tuesday, please email Janet Hutter firstname.lastname@example.org with the following info:
- Date of birdie
- Hole # of birdie
- Name of one other person you played with; no cc’s required
Don’t forget to check the Ladies Golf Calendar and the GGGolf calendar to sign up for our Tuesday events. Here is a quick summary of what’s coming your way:
- May 8 – Odds & Evens
- May 15 – Count Your Putts & Team Play Opening Day
- May 22 – TOES
- May 29 – Memorial Tournament & Lunch
- June 5 – Pro/President Challenge
- June 12 – Ladies Member Guest
- June 19 – Course closed for GAO Mid-Am / Interchange at Beverly Golf & CC
- June 26 – Solheim Cup & Lunch
If you have any questions, I’m only an email away! email@example.com
About the AuthorMore Content by Karen Dyson