Hoping You all had a great Canada Day long weekend!
The attached photo from Steen Melander, speaks volumes of the patriotism shown over the weekend.
Finally with the arrival of good weather, I wanted to remind everyone about the coming two man mixed scramble this coming Saturday, as well as the Senior Men's Championship July 22nd and 23rd.
2 Man Scramble
Saturday July, 8th
- Cash Entry : $20.00
- Morning Tee Times between 7am- 9:30am
- Sign up Online for Tournament, DO NOT BOOK TEE TIMES
- Format - Two Man Scramble - 30% Of The Combined Handicap Of The Twosome to apply.
- Course Will Be Set Up Under "Tour Like" Pins.
- Sign up as a twosome or 4some and please put in the notes section which two players are partners.
- Play Blue Tees
Men's Senior Club Championship
Sat. July 22nd & Sun. July 23rd
- Format: 2 day 36 hole event
- Gross stroke play for Overall Senior Club Champion and both gross and net stroke play within flights.
- Open to all A & B category members (with the exception of Trial members) who are 55 years of age and older as of July 22nd
- Entry Fee: $50.00 (includes prizes, 1 drink ticket per day, all taxes & gratuities.)
- Open to Members 55 and over.
- Flights as follows:
- 55 ~ 59 - Blue Tees
- 60 ~ 64 - Blue Tees
- 65 ~ 69 - Blue Tees
- 70 + (super seniors) - White Tees
- This event is unfortunately not available for Trial Members.
Lastly we have volunteer opportunities for the Canadian PGA Seniors being played at BGCC on August 8th to 11th. Please see link for dates, times and available positions.
On behalf of the Captains Committee, Chris Davis
About the Author
Men's Golf Captain, Chris Davis is a 6th generation Burlington resident. He has been a member since 2004 and has participated on the Captain's Committee since 2011. His grandfather was also a member back in the early days of the Club. This past year, he and his wife also joined curling at the Club. The Davis' also enjoy membership at the Burlington Sailing and Boating Club as well as the Holimont Ski Club in Ellicottville N.Y. Mr. Davis and his wife have four children and loves golf.More Content by Chris Davis