Following a review of the implementation of an 80% score entry for the 2018 season, combined with a very successful Men’s and Women’s Club Championship, the Men’s Captain Committee have agreed to move the minimum score entry for Men’s events to 90% for the 2019 season.
On behalf of The Men’s Captain Committee would like to congratulate all the winners and participants of the Club Championships.
Men: Eric Ross, runner up Johnny Ross, 3rd Sean Kennedy, Trent Abraham
1st Low Net Chris Kusmirski
Women: Jenna Hague, Runner Up Cheryl Hoshowsky
1st Low Net Nancy Williams
A Flight Champion
Men: David Frid, Runner Up Rick Owens. 3rd Kurtis Street
1st Low Net Scott Lilley
Women: Clare Salisbury, Runner Up Tami Brown
1st Low Net Kim Frid
B Flight Champion
Men: Steve Duffield, Runner Up Joel Jordan, 3rd Mark Hollingsworth
1st Low Net Dave Amos
Women: Martha Bauer, Runner Up Cyndie Horner
1st Low Net Nancy Wilson
C Flight Champion
Men: Darren Farrugia, Runner Up Rick Giuliani, 3rd Phil Nanavati
1st Low Net John MacCuish
Women: Cathy Leyland, Runner Up Jane Soper-Kennedy
D Flight Champion
Women: Sandra Galea, Runner Up Judy Brechin
1st Low Net Jacqueline McKenzie
Overall Low Net Women
September 12th WADG, Final Round of Playoffs
September 15th Two Man Scramble:
- 30% of combined Handicaps subtracted from team gross score.
- Sign up as a 2'some or 4'some and please put in the notes section which two players are partners.
- Play Blue Tees
- "Tour Like Pins"
- You may attend Dinner only. Please notify the Proshop.
- Cocktail @ 6:30pm - Dinner @ 7pm
- Cost approx. $60, includes Steak, lobster and all the drinks including wine!!
- FOR MEN’S LEAGUE PARTIPANTS ONLY!
- There will be Lucky Draw Prizes and the overall team prizes will be credits on your member account as opposed to Proshop Sweeps.
September 29th. Men’s Captains Day
- Format: 3 Net Best Ball of Sixsome ~ 90% Hdcp
- Play Blue Tees. Members whose handicap is established from the White Tees may play Whites. You will lose approx. 5 strokes off your handicap however.
- Breakfast & Pari-mutuels 8:30am - 10:00am
- Shotgun at 10:30am ~ Cocktails at 4:15pm ~ Dinner at 5:30pm
- Entry Fee $138.00 + HST (Includes Breakfast, Dinner, Power Cart, 2 Drinks, Prizes, & Gratuities)
- Jacket required for dinner
October 13th, Oktoberfest
- Format: Net Better Ball of Twosomes (90% handicap.)
- Additionally you may wheel your foursome and have 3 Better Ball Partners. $30.00 per two-man team. A player can partner with anyone in his foursome. If everyone in the foursome partners with each other the cost per player is $45
- Event Cost approx. $63.00+ HST - Includes, Oktoberfest Lunch, Jug of Beer per Twosome, Prizes and Gratuities.
- Play Blue Tees
- 9:00am Morning Crossover
- Prizes for the Oktoberfest Tournament will be credits on your Club Account as opposed to Sweeps in the Proshop.
About the Author
Men's Golf Captain, Chris Davis is a 6th generation Burlington resident. He has been a member since 2004 and has participated on the Captain's Committee since 2011. His grandfather was also a member back in the early days of the Club. This past year, he and his wife also joined curling at the Club. The Davis' also enjoy membership at the Burlington Sailing and Boating Club as well as the Holimont Ski Club in Ellicottville N.Y. Mr. Davis and his wife have four children and loves golf.More Content by Chris Davis